Saturday, January 21, 2006

The reunion

So The Naysayer just informed me that our ten year high school reunion is coming up this year. I can now shift my focus from meddlesome boys to preparing myself psychologically and physically for the dreaded event. The Naysayer & this other chick (the only 2 friends I keep in touch with from high school) both went to our five-year reunion and bitched me out because I didn't go. I had an excuse though--I was spending Thanksgiving with my then-boyfriend and his family. So provided that no boyfriend's family will invite me to their home for Thanksgiving, I suppose I'll go to the reunion this year on the eve of Turkey Day.

I don't expect people to get too fat or bald. I'm more curious about my old high school crushes (i.e. all instances of unrequited infatuation). I suppose I should have some petty satisfaction in knowing I actually lost weight since high school and I haven't hit the wall in terms of looks. I'm guessing at least half the class will be married by age 28, some maybe with children! Wow, that's freaky. Who knows. Maybe it isn't a coincidence that I learned about the gym near me and the reunion in the same day.

No comments:

 
Site Meter