Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New Year's

We went to a club in the city. I had suspected that I had reached an age where I was too old to go to a club with loud pulsating hip hop and house music, where strange men come up behind you and dance with you, and where the appropriate attire can be summarized in the adage: "Less is more."

I thought we were too old. But we weren't. I had so much fun. One doesn't realize the dearth of men who enjoy dancing, who avidly engage in it, and who are good at it, until she goes to a club where such men abound. I felt very uninhibited. And there was that superficial high a gal gets when she garners male attention in the form of dancing.

I gave 1 guy my number. For some reason, I harbor the belief that no substantive relationship can ever arise from a bar or club, even though my friends and I-- clearly non-hoochies--patronize the same venues.

All in all, a good time was had by all. Happy New Year's!

1 comment:

JM said...

Happy New Years!

 
Site Meter