Monday, January 30, 2006

Annie Hall

I recently saw "Annie Hall," the famous film written & directed by Woody Allen. Two points in there that I found amusing with respect to dating:

1) Alvy Singer (Woody Allen) quotes Groucho Marx regarding women who'd be willing to date him: "I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member." As unhealthy and dysfunctional as that sounds, sometimes I totally think like that! Like if a guy likes me, I'm like, "Okay, what's going on here? There must be something wrong with him."

2) Alvy and Annie Hall are on their first date and early on the date, Alvy asks for a kiss. She's like, "Huh? What, right now?" And he explains how he doesn't want to worry about it for the rest of the date and during dinner, because the tension will be unbearable by the end of the date, so he just wants to get the first goodnight kiss over with in the beginning. She responds, "Okay sure," and they kiss. Then they get dinner.

Funny movie. I'd be lying though if I said that throughout the movie I didn't once think of Soon Yi.

No comments:

 
Site Meter