Sunday, January 15, 2006

Juggling #s

Tonight I have my second date with #4 (tomorrow being a holiday & all). I never did discuss my first date with #4 in this blog, suffice it to say that he is very cute and easy-going. And he's the first Asian guy I've dated in a while. We're both white-washed twinkies, so it's all good.

One of my neurotic concerns is that I'll bump into #3 while on my date with #4. We're all in the same city. I can just imagine sitting in a restaurant with #4 when all of a sudden #3 and his friends come in and we all spot each other. #3 will look at me, then at #4, and wonder if it's a date. #4 will see my look of horror, look at #3, and wonder what's going on. How would one handle that?

"Hi #3, this is #4. #4, this is #3." I will omit the phrase, "my friend, #_."

"Hi #3," #4 will say.

"Hi #4," #3 will respond.

Then I'll say "See ya!" to #3 and hope he doesn't hold it against me when I ask him out the following Wednesday. If #4 asks me, "Who's that?" then I'll reply, "Oh a friend..." and hope the interrogation ends there.

I know that technically I am a free agent and therefore free to date whomever I please. Moreover, #s 3 & 4 may very well be dating countless other women. It'd just be weird to bump into one guy you're feeling out while with another guy. As one can see, I'm not adept at juggling men. How do people do this effortlessly?

We'll see what happens. I know chances of the feared event are slim, very real and existent, but slim.

No comments:

 
Site Meter