Friday, January 27, 2006

La Biblioteca

I must be at the lowest of the low. I just borrowed the book from the library, "How to Make Anyone Fall in Love with You," by Leil Lowndes. It was neatly displayed by the library entrance, and I couldn't help but walk over to it, open it, and page through. How the heck can anyone so matter-of-factly declare that one can MAKE someone, ANYONE, fall in love with her? People are people, not manipulable chemicals.

Yet as I paged through the book, I noticed questions in there I myself have pondered. Where are all the good men? Is there such thing as love at first sight? How important is the physical stuff when it comes to true love? blah blah blah. So I relented to my curiosity, and cringed as I handed it over to the young, handsome, MALE librarian to check out the book. As he handed it back to me, informing me of the due date, I gave an embarrassed smile and walked away, which I'm sure made me look so much less pathetic-looking. So embarrassing! But at least I'll be able to hone my love-inducing skills. Right.

1 comment:

Cat said...

I own this book. Gotta say, it's a great one. Some very interesting points.

 
Site Meter