Saturday, January 21, 2006

The Golden State beckons

I went outside today and was welcomed with blinding sunlight and melting ice and snow. The sky was a clear blue and I realized how long it's been since I've seen unadulturated sunshine and how much I missed it and how much I like it. And I suppose seeing "The Graduate" last night should have sparked my curiosity in deflowering a 21-year-old virgin more than in California living, but it didn't. I've lived in three of the five largest cities in the U.S.; and two of the three largest. I have one more city I feel I need to check out to determine if it "fits" me: Los Angeles. I was there once as a young child, and haven't been back since.

From what I hear, people either love it or hate it. They love the vibe, the attitude, the climate, the lifestyle. Or they hate the superficiality, the flakiness, the silicon implants and bleached hair. I suppose there's only one way to find out whether or not daily sunshine and seventy to eighty degree weather is for me: see for myself.

No comments:

 
Site Meter