Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Stop

I seem to be falling hopelessly in like with this one guy. And it is oh-so-unrequited. It's somewhat depressing because nothing can ever happen between us (for reasons along the lines of him being gay, being a celibate monk, being married, being repulsed by me). I have fun hanging out with him, and the more time I spend with him, the more I like him. So I'm beginning to think I should limit my contact with him. Granted, there is the school of thought that says it's better to maximize one's time with the unrequited like than to deprive oneself. But what's the point in allowing oneself to fall more in like with someone when there is absolutely no hope? Isn't that torturing oneself?

It's such a paradox. I'm happy when I'm with him. And I'm sad when I'm with him.

No comments:

 
Site Meter