Saturday, May 13, 2006

Bailamos

My girlfriend and I went to our first salsa class this week. I was a bit apprehensive, as I suspected the class would be full of women and no men. It turned out to be a blast--there was an even fit of men and women, everyone was our age, and the boys were cute. It was so much fun to dance the steps and the instructor was funny, articulate and enthusiastic. I catch myself practicing my beginner salsa moves on the train, in my apartment, walking down the street. I can't wait until my girlfriend and I go into a salsa club looking like the biggest gringos (my girlfriend is white, and I heard Asians are considered gringos as well), and then bust out our newly minted salsa moves. All will be awed, hot guys will want to dance with us, and the night will end with everyone applauding and cheering.

Okay maybe not, but a gal can dream can't she?

No comments:

 
Site Meter