Sunday, May 07, 2006

Random Saturday night

A friend and I had a drink last night and then stopped by a party at a bar. The scene at the party encapsulated my dating experience overall: All the guys either were gay or had girlfriends.

One of the guys I met was half Asian and half white. We were chatting, all flirty, leaning into each other, giggling, etc. Then my friend taps on my shoulder and whispers to me, "Yo, he has a girlfriend, she's right behind him, and he doesn't date Asian women."

Doesn't date Asian women? The Halfie was just telling me what Asian ethnicities he's dated before. It never occurred to me that a half Asian half white guy could have an actual distaste towards Asian women. And it threw me off that he was flirty with me (or letting me be flirty with him). I suppose if there are Asians who only date white people, and white people who only date white people, then it shouldn't surprise me that there are half half-people who only date their one half.

At any rate, when I bumped into him later that night and started chatting with him, his tall blonde girlfriend came scampering along, wrapped her arm neatly around his waist, leaned her head on his shoulder and smiled at me. I smiled back at her, introduced myself to her and shook her hand. (Aren't I the politest girl? At least as polite a girl can be after unknowingly flirting with a spoken-for guy.)

My friend and I left before midnight, seeing the utter lack of prospects. I ended the night by eating an entire small pizza (incidentally, a great way to stave off a hangover).

All in all, a random Saturday night.

No comments:

 
Site Meter