Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Retraction

I hereby retract any and all preconceived notions I had about dating younger guys. After my date with Younger Guy last night, I have been converted.

In other words, the date went very, very well.

We went to a pool hall where we had a couple drinks and shot a couple games of pool. All the while, we had great conversation. He was so comfortable to be around, so easy to talk to, and so unpretentious. It was fun to joke around and banter with him.

Afterwards, he drove me home. He stopped outside of my apartment and we said our good night's and I-had-a-great-time's. Then he leaned over and kissed me. Finally, my 29,348,932,843-year long period of no male contact ends! We made out/mauled each other for the next two hours. It was fun, except for his stubble which scraped me a bit. (Incidentally, how do you politely suggest to a guy you just started dating to shave?)

The thing about kissing him was, it was so comfortable, it felt like I was kissing someone I had already been dating for ages. And the kissing alternated between grab-him-by-the-collar kissing and soft, reverent kissing. It was very nice.

After we came up for air, he asked me out this weekend, and I of course said yes. I'm pretty excited. I can't believe I almost passed up the chance to even call him just because of his age. So I guess some cliches are true; that yes, age is just a number.

No comments:

 
Site Meter