Thursday, March 16, 2006

Being "cute"

The great thing about dating a guy with an amazing, flawless body is dating a guy with an amazing, flawless body. The bad thing about it is that if you have a less than amazing, flawless body, any flaw you have becomes magnified tenfold. This phenomenon does wonders for one's body image.

Last night, the Guy and I were just lying around when he pinched my waist, which incidentally isn't a tight, sculpted washboard of muscle. I asked him if he was grabbing my fat. "It's cute," he said. (By the way, "cute" is never a good adjective to use when describing a girl's fat. In fact, there is no good adjective to describe a girl's fat except "nonexistent.")

I looked at his abs and observed, "You have no body fat at all."

"Yes I do," he said. Then he pinched his waist. "See?" he said, "here's my fat." I looked. There was literally nothing but a pinched wedge of skin above his taut stomach.

"That's not fat," I said, "that's skin. You have no body fat."

He kind of laughed it off and hugged my fat, I mean, me.

I know I'm not a tub of lard. But by virtue of being more than mere muscle and skin, I feel like a half tub of lard. Or quarter tub of lard on a good day. By no means does Guy criticize me or even hint that my body needs to change. If anything, he thinks I'm "cute" as I am. I just wouldn't mind him one day trying to pinch my waist and finding nothing to pinch but skin.

One day. Until then, I'll have to settle for being "cute."

No comments:

 
Site Meter