Thursday, March 09, 2006

Dangit

My neurosis is my greatest muse on blogger.

I have a semi-big thing going on tomorrow. I've been preparing for it for the past few days. I told Younger Guy about it on our last date and he gave me some tips and consoled me.

So today, I had this secret hope that he'd call me tonight to wish me luck. I knew it probably wouldn't happen, given that we just went on a date only 48 hours ago. But there's nothing wrong with harboring one silly wish.

So I'm sitting here at my computer, when I whip out my phone and see "Missed Call: Younger Guy." A mere ten minutes ago. And he didn't leave a message. I was so bummed I missed his call.

With the advent of caller ID, what is the etiquette involved in seeing a missed call? Call them back? Or assume that if they did not leave a message or page, they don't want you to call them back? I was tempted but decided against calling him back with a "Oh I saw you called" line. That struck me as being a little psycho and needy. And nothing scares a guy off more than Psycho Needy Chick.

So I'm just sitting here. Kicking myself for missing the call. Wishing he'd call again. But knowing he probably won't. My fear of being Psycho Needy Chick outweighs my desire to call him. Maybe not by much, but just enough.

1 comment:

Cat said...

You should call him back. Everyone knows that we have caller ID on our cell phones. It'd be rude if you didn't call back. I never leave messages myself - especially if I just called to say hi. He didn't worry about seeming needy by calling you. You are excessively playing the game and that could potentially ruin things for you if he's a good guy. Seriously.

 
Site Meter