Thursday, March 23, 2006

I get it I get it

Women can be territorial creatures. More often than not, if I'm chatting with a spoken-for guy, his girl will soon thereafter trot over, throw her arm around him, nuzzle her face into his neck, and smile at me, or engage in some other equivalent behavior to mark her territory short of mounting him. I find it amusing and almost flattering that the girl considers me a threat.

The other day, a similar incident occurred with a twist. I was walking down the street when I beheld a couple holding hands from a distance. I guessed it was a lesbian couple but to be sure I gazed at the shorter haired girl as the couple neared me. The longer haired girl saw me eying her woman and immediately began swinging their held hands exaggeratedly, pulled her woman closer to her, put her arm around her, and then gave me the eye. We walked past each other without incident. Again, amused and flattered that I was considered a threat.

Indeed, women can be territorial creatures.

No comments:

 
Site Meter