Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Guy and the girls

Despite my reservations, I am still seeing the Guy. Am still semi-skeptical as to long-term potential. I suspect that he has discerned my nonchalant attitude, given two recent incidents:

Incident 1) We were just chilling when he mentioned his night out with the guys. Then he volunteers this anecdote on how a girl at a bar hit on him and wanted to go home with him.

"Wow, that's flattering," I said. Out of curiosity, I asked "What was she on a scale of 1 to 10?"

Without hesitation, he replied, "A seven." Given that 10 is supermodel, and 9 is beautiful actress, a 7 is pretty good.

"Wow, she must've been pretty hot. Why didn't you just hang out with her?"

"Well, I'm in something now ['something'? What is this 'something'?] and I'm happy in it so I wasn't interested."

Incident 2) We were having dinner when he told me about his weekend away. He then happened to mention how a waitress hit on him, and then some other staff woman hit on him. I said, "You are getting hit on left and right. That must be flattering." Then he laughs it off.
---
So I'm wondering why the Guy feels the need to report to me every incident of every girl who is interested in him. I surely don't do the same for him, nor do I feel obligated to. Is he particularly honorable? Or perhaps he is genuinely sharing these stories with me the way I might talk about a bum I saw on the street with his monkey. Are these juvenile attempts to make me jealous? Does he sense my commitment-hesitation? Maybe he just needs his ego stroked?

The Naysayer asked why this was "bothering" me, which I assured him it wasn't. I suppose if it was 0% on my radar, I wouldn't be blogging about it. I guess I'm just really curious (and bored).

Anyways, the next time he brags about yet another girl who hits on him, I'll say "You should totally go out with her. It might be fun!" And if I'm feeling particularly obnoxious, I'll add, "Who knows? The sex might be good." That, or "You never know, she might be the One."

No comments:

 
Site Meter