Saturday, April 15, 2006

Where's the button

I grapple with blogging about every neurotic musing that enters my head. On the one hand, it releases my mind from its burden. It's cathartic to write one's anxiety-inducing thoughts. On the other hand, it is acknowledging the neurotic thought, giving it substance and therefore power. That means the neurosis wins!

So about the Guy. It appears that lately, he is very "lax" about returning calls and making plans in advance. In other words, he hasn't returned my calls for several days, when previously, he always returned my calls and we always made plans for the weekend. Yes it was Easter Sunday so he probably had plans; yet in the past, he always informed me if he was busy that weekend. So part of me worries that Day 4 of him not returning my call is just Day 4 of his descent to the Island of Lost Men. That'll be Ego Blow #892,493,103 (yes I do number them). Another part of me says shut up, get a grip and if it doesn't work out, oh well that was fun while it lasted.

If only I had a button that could control my thoughts and feelings. I suppose if I did, I wouldn't be tragically human.

No comments:

 
Site Meter