Friday, April 21, 2006

(Soon to be) The End

After careful consideration and discussion with a guy friend last night, I've decided to end things with the Guy. We already had plans for tonight, and if it feels right, maybe I'll do it at the end of the date. But I'll probably call him early next week to do it.

It's been about two months, and at this point, I should not be feeling insecure and inadequate. We should be all over each other, not playing mind games or guessing games. My guy friend last night told me that the Guy was being passive-aggressive, playing mind games and is a "loser." Clearly not long-term material. He advised that I dump the Guy ASAP.

I of course tried to rationalize his behavior, saying "Oh he's young" or "Oh he's learning" or "Oh relationships are about compromise and adjusting to each other." He rebutted that indeed, compromise and change are necessary elements in a developing relationship; but everything he had heard thus far indicated that the relationship was driving me crazy and not in a good way. If he's the kind of guy who resorts to passive aggression to solve his relationship problems, who can't be bothered to return a call until several days later ("If a guy likes you, he will drop everything to call you back, not play this 'Oh I'll wait five days before I call her back even' BS after dating you for two months"), who plays internet games while his girl is on the couch, then there are fundamental problems that simply do not align with what I ultimately want in a relationship. Maybe he doesn't like me that much. Maybe I'm being too picky in wanting a guy who wants me. Either way, it ain't working.

After sleeping on it, I woke up this morning feeling as if all of my anxieties were lifted, and I felt so liberated knowing that this thing was ending, that I wouldn't have to worry anymore.

It feels so much better to be single and free than attached and imprisoned.

1 comment:

Cat said...

Right on, sista!

 
Site Meter