Thursday, April 27, 2006

Blogging at your own risk

One of the great things about having a blog is being able to post about anything or anyone you want. It's liberating. It's cathartic. It's fun. Yet a steady blogger will always run the risk of being "discovered."

I know I rant quite a bit about certain events and certain people. What if one of those people just happened to discover this blog? What if Online Guy #1 happened to link to here? Or the Guy? Or worse yet, my mom? The ramifications would be long-reaching, life-altering, and traumatizing.

Okay maybe not that bad. It's not like I'm posting lies. (Just slanted, egregiously biased opinions.) And everyone is entitled to their opinions and feelings.

Yet once in a while, I wonder if one of these people will stumble upon my blog. Even sitemeter won't help you then, as once the discovery is made, knowing what ISP they use or what time they visited your page will do little to alleviate the mortification.

I suppose all of this is a risk that all bloggers must accept. It's worth it...isn't it?

No comments:

 
Site Meter