Friday, April 21, 2006

A night out

Incidentally, I did have drinks with the married guy I mentioned in a previous post. We met at a bar, had good conversation & joked around a lot. I was taking pictures of his hand on my cell phone (not his face because he purported to be unphotogenic) so that whenever he called, his picture would show up.

Then he asked if I wanted to grab dinner, and I felt comfortable, so I said sure. The weather that evening was very nice and we end up walking to an Italian restaurant he liked. We had a pretty good dinner with exquisite red wine and good conversation. Nothing sketchy. I did not get any weird/icky vibe from him or anything. He did however mention that his wife was out of town that evening, but made no suggestions related to that fact. When the bill came, I reached for it and he insisted on paying. I said I'd pay for half and he refused to take my money and just put it on his card. He then said I could pay for the cab ride home, which I did.

So in the cab ride, I told him I had a good time and it was fun, and he agreed. Then I was dropped off at my apartment without incident.

Maybe twenty minutes later, my cell phone rings. I look at the phone. I see the picture of his hand. I pick it up, very amused. "Did my sexy hand show up when I called?" he asked. I laughed and said yes. And we chatted a bit as he complained about being hungover already and I said I was still drunk. After a while, we both got tired and ended the conversation.

And that was it. I told another guy friend about this (the toxic guy friend) and he told me the dude was being totally sketchy. I insisted that nothing happened, I didn't feel like I was getting hit on or anything; but my friend insisted it was sketchy.

Perhaps it is ambiguous behavior. But as long as I know in my mind we're nothing more than friends, then I don't foresee any danger.

No comments:

 
Site Meter