Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Waiting to exhale

There is a cute guy at Starbucks. He always smiles at me when he gives me my coffee. Yes he smiles at everyone, but when he smiles at me, I feel like he's smiling at me. Or maybe that's what I'd like to believe. I think he's noticed my gazing at him as he's stacking the cups and affixing lids onto iced coffees. And he must have seen the way I simper "Thank you" when he hands me my cup of coffee.

Unfortunately, I'm 99.9% sure he's gay.

Sure, it's quite possible that a guy whose mannerisms bear an uncanny resemblance to Jack McFarland's on "Will & Grace" is indeed straight. And maybe my having gone to two high school formals with two different gay guys and my living in the gay area of the city belie my lack of gaydar.

But I think he's gay.

I'll maintain this tiny strand of hope that he's straight, that a guy that cute can indeed be hetero. But I won't hold my breath.

No comments:

 
Site Meter