Sunday, September 03, 2006

The elusive yellow gal

I know that one of the oldest, most played out Asian American subjects is the question of why there are so many Asian girl/Caucasian guy couples and so few Caucasian girl/Asian guy couples. Many reasons have been proffered, yet few have been agreed upon. My brother, a guy who does not really "go for Asian chicks," noted to me that looking at an Asian girl makes him feel like he's looking at his own sister. Another Asian guy I know isn't attracted to Asian chicks; when he sees Asian chicks, they remind him of his mother.

All of this struck me as odd because when I see Asian dudes, the mere fact that they are Asian does not trigger that oh-my-god-he-looks-like-my-brother/dad feeling. Unless of course the guy really does look like my brother/dad.

Anyway, a very silly and slightly amusing video on the subject is on YouTube.com, inaptly entitled: Why Asian guys can't get white girls. Contrary to the title, the short movie focuses on why Asian guys can't get Asian girls and only touches on the Asian guy/White girl subject. Nothing terribly enlightening is revealed. But it's worth a chuckle or two.

3 comments:

Cat said...

This video used to be called Yellow Fever when I first saw it. That title was more fitting. Funny video, especially the end :)

Anonymous said...

Yawn!!!

panda said...

lmao@ 白人看不懂...

 
Site Meter