Monday, September 18, 2006

Nice is good, right?

The date on Friday was okay. The guy was perfectly polite and well-kempt. Nothing offensive was uttered. I ended up going with the more fitted / less linty black top. The evening ended with a modest hug.

So yeah, he seems like a nice guy and he's cute. I almost sort of wish I could make myself like him. Maybe if I go on another date with him, I'll begin to develop feelings? How many dates should a girl go on a date with a guy before she realizes "You know what, this just ain't gonna happen"?

I also know there's this inexplicable thing that accounts for attraction to the opposite sex, call it chemistry, zing, bada bing, I don't know. I have yet to figure out the precise combination of traits a guy must possess to make me like him. Maybe there is no equation and it's just some unseen unexplainable primal thing that is either there or not. Who knows.

I guess one thing I've observed about the guy is that, while he's nice, he doesn't make me laugh in that clever-witty or fall-off-my-chair way. But he's nice.

Hmm. I'm beginning to think it's about as hard to make yourself like a guy as it is to make yourself not like a guy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unless you're already fairly certain you won't like the guy, it might not hurt to try at least one more date. Getting comfortable enough to be witty could take time.

Good luck making yourself like a guy.

P.S. -- I hope my comments aren't becoming obnoxious.

 
Site Meter