Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Tuesday

It was a cool crisp commute this morning. I can tell autumn is steadily approaching and for some reason, I can't help but feel a stirring excitement within me.

I have absolutely no idea why.

I think of gold and red leaves, Halloween, pumpkin pie and Thanksgiving break. There is the the cool air, the wool sweaters, the crackling fireplaces.

And then there is the city. I love working downtown. I walked a few blocks during my lunch break today and beheld old white men in suits and ties, young women in black leather boots and Burberry jackets, tourists wandering hesitantly, taking pictures and holding maps upside down. There is the wind that breathes between the skyscrapers. The bum holding a sign that recounts his life's woes. Old ladies squawking. Thirty-year-old guys fresh out of business school sauntering from their offices to be ten minutes late for their eighty-dollar-lunches.

Something about the fall. Something about the city. It just feels great.

No comments:

 
Site Meter