Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Thanks Satan

I'm feeling particularly low this Tuesday evening. Today was an unproductive day. It's one of those useless days where you know you have stuff to do but you just can't bring yourself to do it. Perhaps my day turned bad when I got on the bus on my way to work this morning and sat on a particular seat. It felt cold. Very cold. I touched it and realized it was soaked wet. I got up, pants soaked through, to change to a dry seat. Then a blond haired girl comes on the bus and was about to sit down on that very seat when everyone at once yelled "That seat's wet!" Had I been blond, would everyone have warned me? Or did they assume I no speak Engrish? Then I felt guilty for assuming everyone's racist, just like the typical self-victimizing minorities in the U.S. So I alleviated that guilt by concluding it was probably because I was ugly.

I get to work. Having just moved into a new apartment, I need to set up phone service. Because the phone company is only open during the day, I have to call during work hours. I'm on the phone with them for literally an hour. All I want is basic service. They try to cajole me and emotionally blackmail me into getting more. I don't. Then they say my apartment isn't listed. Apt. 1, 2, and 4 is listed. But not 3, which is me. How neat! I then enter this Kafka-esque world of setting up phone service, where they can't give me phone service unless I let them in, but I can't let them in because my landlord isn't available at that time, and when I try to set the right time, they won't set the time because I don't have an order number which was never given to me in the first place. They can't find my order number and so they can't come in and so I can't get phone service. Oh but my order number will be on my $60 bill. It's so nonsensical it's funny.

On top of that, the Guy For Whom I Once Pined called me twice. I didn't pick up. I didn't even begin to indulge the where-are-all-the-good-guys stream of thought, because, quite frankly, I didn't feel like exerting the effort.

Then at the end of the day, my boss totally rips on me in front of other people by calling me an idiot because I don't know X, and I had no comeback because, um, I didn't know X.

So here I am. Blogging. Being totally self-indulgent. And useless.

2 comments:

me said...

to hell with my fear of you thinking i'm crazy. it's like you're reading my mind. this post outlines the exact same thought process my brain would follow in the same situation so i had to reply to this one.

my high school winter formal date has come out of the closet. we are waiting for my college boyfriend to come out of the closet. i am also a liberal-minded girl with a yellow shell & white interior who can't speak the language of my ancestors worth a damn! and if i hear "konichiwa" or "ni hao mah" one more time...

panda said...

if only a little blue underlined blogger handle was easier to contact than a dull grey anonymous.

 
Site Meter