Monday, June 05, 2006

Out of sight out of mind?

The Guy For Whom I Pine has since my last blog entry called me and emailed me. When my phone rang, I didn't recognize the number and picked it up. It was he. I can't deny that I was pleased that I had the excuse of not knowing it was he before I picked up and got to hear his voice. He immediately confessed to breaching our agreement. I told him I had to do something and hung up the phone, ending it with the "I'll talk to you later"-farewell. When I got his email, I realized that the I'll-talk-to-you-later line may have been construed literally.

My friend firmly told me that he is being manipulative by putting me in this position. I feel rude for not calling him back and for not replying to his email; but she asserted he is being rude for creating the situation in the first place. I relented to her logic and have resisted calling him or emailing him.

I feel that some of the allure is fading. Perhaps his persistence in violating our agreement and not taking the situation seriously are the causes. At any rate, I hope to maintain my hiatus despite my weakness for irresistibly charming men.

God, what would we do without our friends to support us or bitchslap us when we need it?

No comments:

 
Site Meter