Monday, June 26, 2006

Cute guy alert

This morning I got on the bus. I saw a cute Asian guy. (Why is his race relevant? the knee-jerk-liberal-reaction-prone-voice inside me asks. I don't know. It's just something I noticed.) He wasn't super hot. Perhaps six feet tall. Athletic build. Not so pretentious or gorgeous-looking as to render him totally out of my league, but cute enough in his striped button up shirt and charcoal slacks. Then I thought to myself: Prey identified. Now what?

Seriously.

How does one intiate contact in a random setting? In a bar or cocktail party, the assumption is that random people will chat with other random people. But on a bus or train or street, it's just random. Girl sees Boy. Boy sees Girl. Smile? Say "hi"? Walk up to him and ask him what time it is, while hiding your watch and cell phone and ignoring the huge clock towering across the street?

At any rate, I never saw Cute Guy before on my previous commutes... but perhaps I'll see him again. Maybe I'll concoct some excuse by then.

After all, fate is what you make of it.

No comments:

 
Site Meter