Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Smart guys are hot

I think if given the choice between dating a guy more intelligent than I or dating a guy less intelligent than I, I would opt for the more intelligent guy. It's a slight turn off when, during the course of flirtatious banter, the guy doesn't get a joke I make, thinks Islam is a sect of Judaism, or interrupts me to ask me the meaning of the word I just used (in one real case, the word was "superficial"). Don't get me wrong, I don't want a guy who will wax philosophical about philosophy or will only be friends with other pretentious stick-up-his-ass intellectuals. But I think it takes a certain amount of intelligence to be funny, to see things in a quirky amusing way, to make witty allusions to random things. Also, conversations on how cool it is that mentos and Diet Coke react together and how funny it is that some dogs chase their tails, while entertaining, would after a certain point grow tiresome.

Of course this preference runs the risk of my feeling dumb in the presence of an intellectually superior being. But that I don't mind so much. I think it's cool when a guy knows so much about a topic I know little about it. It's an opportunity to learn about something new, be exposed to something different, and at the same time make a guy feel good cuz he knows sooo much about something sooo cool.

Now to find a guy who likes dumber girls...

No comments:

 
Site Meter