Monday, July 24, 2006

Long story long

Had a fun weekend. A lot of things happened. One included meeting a guy.

Four gals and I entered a bar to meet up with one of the gals' male friend, who was with his buddies. The bar was packed. I scanned the room and happened to glimpse a certain guy. He was very attractive, and I would've probably been wary of him as a playa if he wasn't wearing glasses. Something about his unassuming glasses just made him all the more cuter. We made eye contact every so often; I even smiled at him when he looked at me, but he never approached me.

So I was introduced to one of my gal friend's friend's friend. We were chatting happily away and I did my girly-flirty thing of ooh-ing and ah-ing over his college days as a track star and his ability to run a 4-minute mile. Then one of my gals tapped me on the arm and said "Go get a drink on my tab. I need to hit a $20 minimum before I can close it." I looked at her swaying body and the glass of beer in her right hand. Clearly, she could not polish off that beer and another without dire consequences. So I went up to the bar to order a screwdriver. They served it and then asked to see my gal pal to close the tab. Just as I was speaking to my gal pal, the very attractive guy came up to me and said "Can I buy you a drink?"

I was stunned for a second. Then I composed myself and smiled. "Sure."

We sat at the bar and just chatted away. He was a graduate student at a nearby university who liked to take photographs and dance to hip hop. I was enamored. We talked and talked when I feel a tap on my arm.

It's Track Star guy whom I had been speaking with earlier, and his friend (who's my gal pal's friend). "Oh hi," I said smiling painfully.

"Hi," he said, "look, I just wanted to let you know I'm heading out now. I would've liked to see you more some time--" at which point he leaned in closer "--but I can't compete with a guy who wears cargo pants," he added mockingly.

I looked at the very attractive guy's pants. Yes, they were cargo pants. Maybe I am not that fashion-conscious, but it didn't bother me that the guy wore cargo pants.

My gal pal's friend chimed in, "Yeah, the guy wears cargo pants."

I nodded and smiled. They shrugged at me. I shrugged back. What did they expect me to do? Dis a perfectly attractive, interesting, smart guy over cargo pants? (Now if they were spandex or leopard skin pants, that'd be another thing.)

"Bye," I said and waved. And that was the end of that. The very attractive guy and I exchanged numbers, and just last night, we had our first date (he was very very busy for the next couple weeks so that was the only time he was free).

We had dinner and drinks and talked about everything from politics to the environment. It was a good date. After dinner, he walked me home.

When we got to my apartment building, I stopped in front of the entrance, smiled and said the typical "I had a really good time tonight"-closing, with which he agreed. He looked at me and then leaned in--at this point I had no idea and no expectation that we'd ever kiss, it never crossed my mind--and he kissed me. It was one of those slow gentle kisses that slowly grew into something more ... involved. He was holding my face when all of a sudden we heard these hoots, whistles and cheers from some random people walking on the sidewalk. We looked at each other and laughed. Then he kissed me again, my lips, my face, my neck. (Can you tell I've been replaying this in my mind all day?) Then he said good night, and that he'd call me.

The very attractive guy was a very excellent kisser. On a scale of 1 to 10, easily a 9.5. I hope he calls.

On a separate note, the guy with whom I went on the excellent date with last Wednesday called me today. We're going out on Thursday.

They say when it rains, it pours. My question, why can't it just rain consistently? Why can't I just not have any dry spells or droughts, and just have an even precipitation of cute smart guys throughout the entire year? Is that so much to ask for? I don't think so.

No comments:

 
Site Meter