Friday, July 28, 2006

The notable noodle

I ignored the health nut voice inside my head and took the liberty of ordering spicy Thai noodles for lunch. I've had a craving for noodles for the past few days but held off for reasons like, noodles are too heavy for the work day, the noodle shops are too far, and noodles aren't exactly the most healthy meal.

I love noodles, though my favorite type of noodle is the udon noodle. It has the perfect thickness and texture. The Thai noodles I got today were flat and wide but yummy nonetheless. I prefer thicker noodles over thinner noodles, firmer over mushy. I like them in soups, stir fried, or marinated in a sauce. Soooo good.

I think there's some contention over who invented the noodle first, Italians, Arabs or Chinese. However, the finding of a 4,000-year-old bowl of noodles in China may point to the Chinese as the originators.

Whoever invented them, thank you. A life without noodles is a life not lived.

No comments:

 
Site Meter