Friday, July 28, 2006

Expiration dating

Had my date last night with the other guy, not the 9.5-on-a-scale-of-1-to-10 from Sunday night, also not the boy in the hypothetical blurb below. (I need to think of new monikers for these guys.)

Anyway, a few disconcerting things: First, he kept hinting throughout the night about having sex. Like he thinks I'm attractive, he likes me, he wants to take me home, or alternatively I could take him home. I admit I do get flirty and risqué in my banter. I have the gifted ability to make anything into a double entendre. So I arguably led him to incessant thoughts of sex. Still though, there's perhaps nothing less sexy than a guy making it patently obvious all he wants is sex with you.

Second, and this may be related to the first point, he is leaving for grad school in two weeks. Said grad school is far, far away. What is the point of starting anything if there's only two weeks left? The only answer I can think of is a two-week fling. And then I wonder, could I be That girl? The fling girl? A flinger? A fling to be flung? (Okay I'll stop.)

Third, when he kissed me at the end of the night, our teeth bumped. I hate it when that happens. But maybe a first kiss with someone is like first sex - awkward and weird at first, but after a few more tries you guys get into each other's grooves. So to speak. Only rarely do either go perfectly well the first time.

All that aside, the guy is charming and funny. He's a very likeable guy, and maybe if he wasn't leaving in two weeks, this could have been something. I'm just not sure what to think of him, or how to proceed. The Naysayer states the obvious: the guy just wants unbridled sex for two weeks and then leave.

Perhaps a risk-benefit analysis is in order. Risks: I'll get attached, I'll kick myself for having meaningless sex, I'll get hurt. Benefits: Sex.

Hm, decisions decisions...

2 comments:

Cat said...

Wanted to weigh in on this one, only cause I wrote a post recently about meaningless sex. In my experience it's not much of a "benefit" at all. Actually, it kinda sucks...

Cat said...

Also this guy seems to have a bit of a one-track mind. Isn't this the same guy who tried to get you to go home with him the first time you met? Stay strong. Don't give him what he wants unless you really want it (with him) too!!

 
Site Meter