Monday, February 27, 2006

Younger Guys

As a single girl, I have always been more attracted to older guys. They exemplify maturity, self-assuredness, and stability. Moreover, they have more experience--life experience and otherwise.

Recently however, I was confronted with the thought of dating a younger guy. The setting was less than scientific (a bar). The boy in question was half a decade younger than I was. He graduated from high school after I graduated from college. When I discovered the latter fact, the word "ick" came to mind.

I then wondered if I was being close-minded. He went to a good school. He had a decent job. He was a nice guy. (Not to mention he was legal.) It also didn't hurt that he was a good dancer with noticeable stamina and a very, very nice build. Ah yes, the latter traits seem to be absent in the conventional suits I typically pursue.

I then pondered over the virtues of the Younger Guy. He may have less experience, but he is eager to learn. He can be molded and tailored to the Older Woman's specific needs. He is more energetic, playful, and uninhibited. The boy in question was indeed young, but after dancing with him at length, any suspicions I had of residual boyishness were laid to rest. The boy was a man for sure.

So what to do? Younger Guy waited the requisite three days after I gave him my number before calling me and leaving a voicemail message. I kind of want to call him back. But I can't help but suspect that I want to call him back because: (1) it's been a while, and (2) it's been a while.

Despite this suspicion, I think I will call him back. At best, he'll be The One. At worst, he'll be a guy I'll have fun with. And who knows, I may teach him a lesson or two.

No comments:

 
Site Meter