Saturday, February 11, 2006

A sidewalk day

I have two kinds of days. Some days I walk facing forward, my spine straight. Other days, I walk looking down at the sidewalk. Today was a sidewalk day.

Last night I hung out with a girl I met at a professional social function. We seemed to get along really well, when at one point in the night, I, in my drunken silliness, did something that really offended her. She did the verbal equivalent of bitchslap me. After some arguing, we resolved the issue and agreed that "we were cool." But I can never tell.

The relationship between girls is very interesting. I'm used to people being passive aggressive (as I too engage in this behavior). I've seen people get pissed, pretend they're fine, when in reality, they're still pissed and they hate you behind your back. It's difficult to discern what's real and what's a facade.

She had told me on a prior occasion that if she has a problem with someone, she will say it to someone's face, and have none of that talk-about-people-behind-their-backs b.s. She clearly demonstrated this philosophy last night. Still I can't help but wonder (and worry) about whether she's ultimately pissed at me, or if, as she says, "we're cool."

It's strange how a girl can obsess as much about her female relationships as she does her male relationships. Ack!

No comments:

 
Site Meter