Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A suspicion

I have a suspicion that someone is semi-flirting with me. Not actual flirting, but semi-flirting. You see, he can't actually flirt with me because he is spoken for. Yet maybe he isn't actually flirting with me, maybe he's just friendly in a teasing, playful way. A guy can playfully tease a girl in a platonic manner, right? And maybe he is playful with everyone--men, women, dogs, cats, etc. Maybe I impose this stupid sexual element into every opposite sex interaction I have because I have this notion that men and women can't be friends unless at least one of the two is gay or they've been buds since 1990.

Or, he could actually be semi-flirting, but it's harmless semi-flirting, not dangerous semi-flirting. And there is a difference. One ends where it is, the other does not.

Still though, I feel slightly wrong for getting a semi-high from it. Not an actual high. A semi-high.

1 comment:

Cat said...

Semi-flirting is dangerous. Sometimes they do it to see whether you'll flirt back.

I get that high too, even (or especially) when the guy's married!

 
Site Meter