Monday, May 21, 2007

Ok now I'm fine. Really I am.

I think I am done. Done worrying about GD, that is. I can't control what or whom he does. I can only control my response. So I am deciding to just stop. Because really, that's how the human mind works. You tell it to stop fretting. And voila, it stops. You see, people, we have more control over our minds than we give ourselves credit for.

Okay even I can't tell if I'm being sarcastic or serious. Anyway, I really do think I'm done. I'm kind of glad I took to heart some of the advice my boss had given me last year and the recent iteration from Yellow Lawyer about not depending/focusing on guys too much and focusing on things I enjoy. So as I reflected upon my upcoming schedule this week, I began to feel a bit perked up and less anxious about GD:

Monday night (tonight): Dinner with a gal pal.
Tuesday night: Baseball outing with a group of folks including two other gal pals.
Wednesday night: Dinner with yet another gal pal. (Okay this is tentative.)
Thursday night: Benefit dinner for non-profit organization
Friday night: Flying out to Minneapolis to visit the Naysayer and part-ay it up all of Memorial Day weekend.

It's not like I planned these in a row. The game, the trip and the benefit dinner were set in advance. And the gal pals just happened to ask me to dinner. Somehow, knowing I'm not waiting hand and foot on GD is sort of liberating. I hate that waiting-by-the-phone feeling. Hate it! So why wait and hate? Liberate!

Anyway, I'm sure GD will continue to not-call me and send me half-ass lame emails. I was pretty irked earlier. I'd almost rather have him bite my head off than engage in this lame behavior. But I'm done. Cuz I got things to do and people to see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad that you are keeping busy. It's not good to obsess/worry/wait too much -- though I know at times (when I am waiting to hear back after calling/e-mailing) I need, really, really to take this advice too.

 
Site Meter