Monday, May 14, 2007

The mens

Last night I had a dream I was a lesbian. Okay, not a lesbian. I was "with" a girl in that way. It felt pretty real. Yes, I know that sexual behavior in dreams rarely means that you actually want to have sex with the person you're dreaming about. I suppose all the love and comforting I've been getting from my gal pals manifests itself as sexual intimacy with a female in my dream. But still. I wonder if things would be easier if I were a lesbian. If I dated chicks. They'd be sensitive and emotionally supportive and cognizant of certain...needs.

It reminds me of the movie, "Kissing Jessica Stein," where a straight, single, slightly neurotic chick in New York gets sick of dating dumb guys and decides to answer an ad from a bisexual chick. They hit it off, fall in love, and even move in together. But in the end, Jessica realizes she is still hetero, and still likes the mens.

Man. Too bad being gay isn't a choice. Too bad I'm hopelessly attracted to just men. And no doubt, dating women is probably fraught with its own set of games and issues and drama.

But still. I feel like I'm running out of options here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. Yeah, I, too , have thought that maybe it's easier to be a gay guy because they seem to date around more etc.

BUT, yeah, I'm hopelessly attracted to women. I LOVE women. And the thought of being with a guy gives me the creeps. Ewww.... WHereas the thought of a woman... let's leave it at that. Heehee.

Yellow Lawyer

 
Site Meter