Thursday, April 26, 2007

To be real

Funny. GD and I recently talked about our first date, and he said he wasn't sure if I liked him. He said he wasn't getting that "vibe." Isn't that hilarious? So funny how gals and guys never know what the other side is thinking.

He hashed out a couple of theories on my dating patterns, which I found amusing. One thing is that he suspects that I'm a player. A player. At first, he seemed to be joking about it, but then he brought it up a couple more times. I laughed and asked him why on earth he thought that. Apparently, the fact that I hadn't been in a long-term relationship in a few years struck him as odd. It seems that the only logical explanation was that I was not looking for a relationship and that instead I was looking to play the field.

I think my blog clearly evidences the fact that for the past couple of years or so, there have been no dateable men. The guys I've met have fallen into one of three categories: (1) normal guys with whom I had no chemistry, (2) lamos, or (3) players. "Finding a great guy to date is like finding a needle in a haystack," I explained to GD. He didn't seem to buy that explanation. He really thinks my being woefully single for the past few years was a conscious choice.

Another observation he made is that I seem jaded about guys. To some extent, this is true. I do hope for the best, but every time I meet a seemingly nice guy, something goes awry. He'll try to get me drunk and screw me on the second date. He'll bite my face while kissing. He'll have no respect for women.

GD observed, "Hmm. It'll take some time before I'll earn your trust, huh?" At first, I didn't think so. But I have to admit, one of the scariest things is to be vulnerable. To put yourself out there and have faith that the guy will not break your heart. I've luckily never had my heart truly broken. But I've been hurt, and it sucks.

So far, GD seems great. And it's weird. I mean, really really weird. He calls when he says he will. He asks me to hang out regularly. He'll offer to pick me up from work just to see me. He has not tried to get me drunk to get into my pants. Plus he's very good-looking and likes to cuddle. I mean, what the hell is going on here?!

So I'm not sure. Either he is an ingenious, crafty, diabolical player. Or he's for real.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See? There are plenty of good guys out there.

Dear Lovey Heart said...

i am happy for you!

 
Site Meter