Sunday, April 22, 2007

Meeting the friends

So I had another great date with Great Date. We pretty much spent all of Saturday together, where I met a bunch of his friends. One of my cardinal rules is to be friendly and easy-going towards a guy's friends. Too many times I hear of girls who are standoffish towards their guys' friends, and then the guys' friends end up not liking the girl, which of course causes problems. This is particularly true with the guy's gal pals, where a girl will be bitchy towards the gal pals, and all conclude that the girl is catty.

Of course, I don't sit at home and strategize on how I can manipulate people into liking me. It's just a general policy of mine to be nice to people, especially to a guy's friends.

I already like meeting new people, so it's not so much of an effort being friendly towards Great Date's (GD) friends. And like GD, his friends were pretty funny and easy-going, so it wasn't hard at all chatting and joking around with them. GD told me later on that evening that at one point, when I went to the ladies' room, he asked his boys what they thought of me. They said they liked me and told him to "go for it." While I know that I shouldn't put too much stock into what a guy's friends think of me, I have to admit I felt both flatttered and relieved to know they liked me.

Later on I met GD's other friends, including some girls, and again I chatted away with them. One girl, after she and I did a shot together, leaned behind me and said to GD, "I like her!" which of course made me laugh.

Meeting GD's friends and just seeing how cool they all were somehow made GD look all the more attractive to me. Can you tell a lot about a guy from who his friends are? I'm not sure. But if his friends are any indication of what kind of guy GD is, I'll have little to worry about.

No comments:

 
Site Meter