Thursday, April 12, 2007

Going down

The elevator doors opened and I walked in. A blonde woman stood on my left, and a young man stood in the corner on my right. I walked to the back left corner of the elevator as the doors closed. A few floors later, the doors opened and another woman walked in. I noticed she was a redhead. So three women, a blonde, a brunette, and a redhead, occupied three corners of the elevator. The young man stood alone in his corner.

Then I thought of the question that any girl who hasn't gotten any in a really long time would think of: Could we take him?

I mean, not literally sexually attack him. Okay yes I do mean that. No, just kidding, what I mean is, could we take him? Could we stop the elevator, jump on top of him, pin him on the ground, and laugh at him because three chicks just took him down? The greatest weapon against an opponent--even greater than sheer force--is the element of surprise. At least that's what they said in that movie "Air Force One."

As the elevator descended, I looked to Blonde and Redhead, but neither returned my glance. I could sense the uneasiness of the guy next to me. Perhaps he could sense his impending demise. Perhaps he became aware of the fact that he was outnumbered and that no one would hear his cries for help in the long cavernous elevator shaft. Or maybe he was just weirded out by this Asian chick staring at him maniacally.

Lucky for him, we reached the ground level before my mind could plot further. And not surprisingly, he scurried past us three ladies before any of us could even move. Either he's incredibly ungentlemanly, or he knew he was going down.

4 comments:

amruta said...

This one's hilarious! Have been reading your blog for a while now; you write really well.

Anonymous said...

Yellow Gal,

I'd greatly value your insight into what makes a guy attractive to a woman. That is, what can I, as a reserved guy, do to make women like me and not give me the dreaded "let's just be friends" talk.

Yellow Lawyer

Yellow Gal said...

Thanks elly for your kind words. I appreciate it!

Yellow Gal said...

YL, you can't "make" a girl like you any more than I could "make" Non Emailer like me. Sometimes, a girl will think a guy is cute, smart and nice; but for some reason, there's no extra zing/chemistry, so it's a no-go. There's no explanation for that. Sometimes it's just not there.

You can only do your best. And you know the usual rules. Don't talk about yourself the whole time. Don't interrupt. Be a gentleman. etc. etc. But sometimes you and the girl just won't click due to, for example, different senses of humor.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. If I had an answer to that question, I think my blog would consist of a total of 4 entries.

 
Site Meter