Tuesday, December 20, 2005

A yellow gal

To avoid the consequences of having an expired driver's license, I decided to go to the Department of Transportation to renew it. As I waited for my number to be called, I looked around the room and marveled at how diverse the other people in the waiting room were.

I thought to myself, "Wow, I'm the only white person here."

I then remembered that I was not, in fact, white, and realized how white-washed I had become. This conclusion was further supported when I later caught myself in the car singing along to Hootie and the Blowfish.

Must remind myself, I am a yellow gal.

2 comments:

JJ said...

Ha. I've had those, "Oh, forgot I'm not white" moments, too.

JM said...

I always dread going to the DMV. The line is always long, no matter what time of the day it is. I didn't realize this many people have their license in West Virginia.

 
Site Meter