Saturday, July 30, 2005

I love lists

JL is taking a shower right now. For a second, I thought he was taking his second bubble bath of the day, but the steady sound of his shower assauged my fears of being deafened once again.

Feeling pretty overwhelmed, I wrote a list of things to do. I know it's good to keep lists. My brain, neurotic and paranoid at times, will every hour concoct a new item to add to my list of things to do.

But I'm trying to be optimistic.

Instead of thinking of it as, "Shit I have to fucking do," I ought to think of it as, "Meaningless banal tasks that temporarily distract me from the fact that life is a seemingly endless list of lists to do." Or even more optimistically, "List of things I do now that will prevent fan-hitting shit later." Yes, I think the latter name motivates me to begin the item at the top of the list.

I shall heed the advice of "Bob": Baby steps.

No comments:

 
Site Meter