Sunday, August 28, 2011

Violation

Plagiarizing someone's blog is not only a legal and moral violation. It's a personal violation.

I have blogged about so many things - my childhood, my father who passed away, conversations with my mother, men I have dated before I met my husband, racism I have experienced, feelings of self-doubt, neurosis, and insecurity. These moments are intimate to my life. They are mine.

To see someone take those memories and feelings, and replace a word or two with some other inane noun or verb is such an insult to the original memory or feeling. It is a violation of the most intimate kind.

4 comments:

Thinking said...

hmmm...I can say same to you too....

But I know...you dont have any shame...

Anonymous said...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Violation is against the law and perhaps "I" (above) who is obviously Thinking in disguise, has now realised how wrong her actions were.

A pity it had to come to this but hopefully a lesson has been learned.

CJ

Working Mum said...

Both of "Thinking"'s blogs have now been removed.

However, I'm not sure if she has realised that what she did was illegal as she is obviously still playing the victim, judging by her comment above. Perhaps she will realise in time.

Thank you so much for alerting me to her plagiarism and for fighting for her blog to be removed. You are a gem!

Yellow Gal said...

Thank you for your comments, Crystal Jigsaw and Working Mum. I was glad I could help.

No doubt she is monitoring all of our blogs to see how we are reacting. I too hope she learns in time.

 
Site Meter