Friday, October 12, 2007

Dirty little secret

I have a guilty pleasure. It's hard for someone my age to admit. But I will. I like bad pop music.

I realize that to most people my age, "bad pop music" is redundant. None of my friends listen to today's pop stations anymore. None of them keep up with the top 40 hits. But I do. For example, I like the new Britney Spears song, "Gimme More." Yes, you just read that correctly. I think it's catchy. And I also like the Fergie song "Clumsy."

I understand that this guilty pleasure is an indictment of my intelligence, character, and humanity. Today's pop music is utterly devoid of any artistic value or originality. But I find it all very fergilicious.

Come on, don't we all have one dirty little secret we take pleasure in? Some people love gossip columns and magazines like Us and Hello!. Others have addictions to shows like Jerry Springer and the Maury Povich Show.

I like bad pop music. Don't get me wrong, I also like good quality stuff. I mean, who can forget the hits of Right Said Fred and RuPaul? (I'm kidding. Sort of.)

Anyway, this is my confession. That's just The Way I Are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omigosh...you better keep that a secret. then again, yellow lawyer sometimes likes listening to christina aguileira....

 
Site Meter