Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Musings of two gals

My girlfriend and I were chatting on the phone about the guys in our lives, how they weave in and out of our lives, how weird and surreal it is that a man can be such a fundamental part of a gal's everyday life, from waking up in the morning, to coming home from work, to spending every weekend minute together -- and then poof, he disappears.

I speak more for my friend than myself, as she actually got to the boyfriend stage, and really began to fall for him. Then, they broke up. And now he's no longer a part of her life. It's like this entire person somehow just disappeared. And all she's left with is these memories of lazy Saturday and Sunday mornings, movies they watched, and lingering emotions. Other than the memories, it's as if he never existed.

Strange, isn't it? An entire segment of one's life, emotional and physical, is just gone.

But I suppose we all move on. Such is life. I think someone said life's a journey. Can't wait 'til we get there.

3 comments:

Whatchamacalit said...

Funny, I often talk about that with my friends too, but I figured I was just more nostalgic than most. To me, I feel like it's akin to someone taking a part of you with them and never giving it back.

Anonymous said...

It seems that after each relationship experience, at least the good ones, you'd be left with more than just memories because hopefully they've they've given you something of themselves. Maybe you've even changed a little each time.

Yellow Gal said...

Yes, I suppose each person we encouter does somehow leave an imprint on us, something more than just a collection of memories.

 
Site Meter