Monday, February 26, 2007

Thank you Girl in the Pink Shirt

You were there when I needed you. I walked up to the bar next to you to order a drink. A strange man walked up to me and said "Excuse me." I looked at him and said "Hi."

"Hi," he said. He looked at the jade bracelet on my right arm, pointed to it, and asked, "Did you have to dislocate your arm to get that bracelet on?" I watched him then twist his own arm behind his back to reenact a dislocated arm. I was genuinely confused, and replied, "No, I didn't. I just...put it on my wrist."

"Wow," he said. "It's because you have such tiny wrists!"

"I guess," I said. "Well you can just squeeze it on." Then I awkwardly demonstrated it.

"Wow," he said.

Sensing the utter painfulness of the conversation, you - the Girl in Pink Shirt - turned to me suddenly and asked me, "Hey have you ever tried this drink before?" A matching pink drink sat before you and my eyes lit up and I said, "No I haven't!" and excitedly asked, "What is it?"

"Oh it's a Hawaiian breeze," you replied, locking eyes with me and smiling.

"Oh really? Cool!" I replied.

"Want a taste?"

"Sure!!" I enthused not breaking any eye contact with you. "Wow, that's good!" I then ordered the drink from the bartender. Meanwhile, in the background, the Dislocated Arm Guy cowered sheepishly and walked away.

"Delicious," I said when I got my drink.

You leaned into me, murmured "You're welcome by the way," smiled, and walked away.

So dear Girl in the Pink Shirt, thank you for rescuing me. I appreciate it.

No comments:

 
Site Meter