Saturday, June 23, 2012

Yellow beauty

Yellow Mom is visiting me this weekend.

"Wow, you look so big!" she remarked when she saw my expectant belly.

"Yes," I replied.

"Grandma says that because you are beautiful, your daughter will be beautiful."

"Oh, that's sweet," I said.

She then looked at my face. "Why do you have so many zits?"

There it was, the familiar Yellow Mom gem.

I've heard the old wives' tale that, during pregnancy, a daughter steals her mother's beauty. And if that's the case, this Baby Yellow Gal is doing a hell of a job. I've been breaking out like an adolescent throughout my entire pregnancy. So much for that "pregnancy glow" that every other pregnant woman seems to rave about.

"I started breaking out since I got pregnant," I said. "You didn't break out when you were pregnant?"

"No," she said, her face still crinkled in horror.

"Oh, okay," I said. Really, how else do you respond to that? So much for that facial earlier this week.

My zits notwithstanding, Baby Yellow Gal seems to be thriving within. A month to go!

No comments:

 
Site Meter