Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Year of the Dragon draws near

I realize it's been several months since my last post. The reason being, only a few weeks after my previous post, I learned (or suspected) I was pregnant.

Yes, pregnant!

I wasn't 100.00% sure because pregnancy tests can have false positive results. But when I saw the doctor in December, it was confirmed. I am indeed with child.

It wasn't completely unexpected. The hubby and I were trying, but didn't expect to succeed during the first month of trying. Needless to say, it was a lifestyle change to forgo all booze, caffeine, and sushi even before we began trying.

So! I'm due in July, in the year of the Dragon. It should be an auspicious year. I have a feeling the baby will be a girl. The eldest child -- possibly a dragon girl -- will indeed be a feisty, fiery force to be reckoned with. Hopefully she will have only half the sass her mom has.

And so a Yellow Gal may beget another Yellow Gal.

2 comments:

cat said...

CONGRATS!!! July 12th is the expected due date. And yours? All hail the Dragon baby. I'd be hearing for years about how it's very lucky to have a baby born in that year - whatever that means. Hooray for yellow dragons!

Yellow Gal said...

Cat, I'm due just about two weeks after you! That's hilarious how parallel our timelines are.

 
Site Meter