Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Mantras

Focus on the things that matter.

Focus on the people who matter.

Do not focus on the things that do not matter.

Do not focus on the people who do not matter.

The rude receptionist who copped an attitude at you for no good reason, the long line at Walgreen's, the boss who likes to make snide remarks at you just to put you down, and the luke-warm coffee you just purchased all fall under the category of things and people who do not matter.

Your best friend who will be there no matter what happens, your cuddly face-licking dog, your favorite novel, and your unfailing mom all fall under the category of things and people who do matter.

These are the mantas I tell myself. These are the mantras I remind myself. Otherwise I risk forgetting what's important and dwelling instead on the things that aren't.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Yellow Gal,

Love your blogs! How do i get in touch with you? What is your email?

H

Yellow Gal said...

You can leave a post here & I'll (usually) respond. I think YL asked me to email him a while ago and I never got around to setting up an email (Sorry YL!).

Ok. I set up an email for this blog: yellowgal@gmail.com. Please, no hate mail! But I guess if I can dish it out, I should be able to take it. And I apologize if I don't respond quickly. Life and work get in the way of blogging sometimes.

Anonymous said...

BTW, this is a new anonymous poster, YG. Not old me, with the 'YG' and 'YL' labeling.

Yellow Lawyer said...

Yay! Yellow Gal got an e-mail! Yellow Lawyer's email is yellowlawyer@gmail.com.

Cool!

 
Site Meter