Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Human contact = Good

I just realized that, for over 36 hours, I haven't had any human contact with anyone outside of work or the Subway sandwich store. I was supposed to have lunch with a friend today, but she had to reschedule. I've been working late every night so I haven't been able to see friends or the boyf after work.

The reason I realized this suddenly was that I felt starkly disconnected. And irritable. And every comment or remark from work people just grated on my nerves a little more than it should.

How do the hermits do it?

While my furry pet at home is fully huggable and loveable, she still isn't a human I can connect with and banter with. (At least not yet).

So I called the boyf and made a "human-contact-call" -- versus a "booty call" -- just so I can talk to someone for twenty minutes who is not my boss or the Subway sandwich-maker-guy.

Like I said, how do the hermits do it?!

1 comment:

Yellow Lawyer said...

Hermits -- strong introverts. Methinks Yellow Gal is just a very very slight I. See

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

 
Site Meter