Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I am an idiot.

I found this article entitled, How Much Will Your Baby Be Like You? The first page of the article discussed how your baby could inherit you or your spouse's physical traits (like a cleft chin) or personality traits (like a hot temper). Once I read the first page, I emailed it to my co-worker who just had a baby girl a month ago and is on maternity leave now. I called it a "cute article" and told her how it reminded me of her and her hubby.

Once I emailed it, I clicked on to read the second page, where it talked about inherited health problems. My heart dropped. I remember vividly how my co-worker's husband had just overcome an extensive battle with lung cancer. He almost died from the chemotherapy.

So, basically, by sending the article to her and saying it reminded me of her and her husband, I was telling her that her baby girl was going to get cancer. I am such an IDIOT.

3 comments:

Yellow Lawyer said...

Sorry to impose on your blog but please pray for me. I'm not doing too well.

I know what I need to do but can't get the courage to do it.

Yellow Lawyer said...

so did the recipient of the article say anything?

most ppl would realize that you didn't know.

i added a new post to my blog. i'm not my usual self.

Yellow Gal said...

I sent her a follow-up email apologizing for my insensitivity, and she said she didn't even read the article, and once she did, she said it was no big deal and that I needn't apologize, and moreover there was nothing in the article she didn't know already.

Whew!

 
Site Meter