Thursday, November 29, 2007

Rarr

I am angry about a lot of things. Angry about stuff I have no control over. Angry over the fact that I'm angry over stuff I have no control over. Angry that I'm angry at all, when there are people dying in Iraq and starving in North Korea and working in sweatshops in China.

This anger is palpable. I can feel it in my chest, breathing in the air I breathe and living off of me.

I have this theory that if I go running, the anger and frustration and stupid angst I have pent up will somehow dissipate. That with each mile I run, the negative energy will exit through every step I pound into the pavement and every breath I force out of my mouth. And then in the end, I will be less angry. Because it won't be inside anymore. It'll be swirling aimlessly in the wake of the path I just jogged, trying to find someplace to go after having been forced out of my chest, and then just settling for some brittle leaves on the ground before decaying.

I need to go running.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

seems like a lot of pent-up anger and frustration.

i thought you had a boyfriend.

yellow lawyer

Yellow Gal said...

YL, if you have ever had a girlfriend, I would surmise that at least one point in time, the girlfriend annoyed or angered you. This is why couples sometimes argue. This is why people sometimes break up or get divorced. This is why "couples counseling" seems to be a household term more now than ever. Be it over a misplaced remote control or an affair with one's best friend.

I would also surmise that, outside the hypothetical relationship, other things annoyed or angered you. Be it over a stolen parking space, or the death of someone who deserved to live longer than the years she did live.

So I have to ask you, do you really think that once someone is in a relationship, the possibility of ever getting annoyed or angered over anything completely disappears and everyone involved is happy forever and ever until the day they die?

If this is the case with you or someone you know, I congratulate you/her/him. Because it will be the first time I've ever heard of a relationship somehow absolving a person's entire repository of woes.

Anonymous said...

haha yellow gal. of course, no relationship is free of annoyance or anger.

what i meant was that with a boyfriend, you can take out your anger and frustration on him. sometimes a roll in the sack does wonders.

haha...bad me. bad dirty me.

yellow lawyer

Yellow Gal said...

Unfortunately (and I do mean unfortunately), sex is not the answer to all of life's problems.

 
Site Meter