Monday, November 12, 2007

Put the knife down

Yes. Girls can be psycho too. Hello. Read my blog. Probably the most psychotic thing I've done with respect to guys (other than unhealthily obsessing over them) is looking them up on facebook, myspace, friendster and/or google. Here are some psycho things I know for a fact some girls have done:

1) Once the guy leaves the girl alone in his apartment, she will go through all his stuff. And when I mean "go through," I mean more than just opening the medicine cabinet. I mean opening drawers, paging through and reading personal files, turning on the computer and looking through the internet browser's history, cache, and cookies.

2) The girl will see her guy walking down the street with a colleague one random afternoon and then call him later and accuse him of sleeping with her. "What are you talking about?" he will say, and she responds, "You know what I'm talking about. Face it, you're busted. Just stop lying to me" -- when all the while, she is completely bluffing.

3) The girl will look through his cell phone when he's not looking, and read every call entry, received, outgoing, and missed. Additionally, she will read his address book and texts, sent and received.

4) The girl will hack into the guy's email (hotmail or yahoo) and read all his email, sent and received.

That's all I have for now. I don't know of any girls who sleep with their boyfriend's brother to get back at him or pretend to be pregnant to get the guy to marry her. Because that would be psycho.

I myself am pretty private and make it a point to respect the guy's privacy. In college, I dated a guy who was a computer whiz and at times monitored what computer I logged into my email at any time. Sometimes he would mention how my ISP was different at a certain time of the day and ask me where I was then. Another time, I let a different guy use my computer to do something and he ended logging into my email reading all my emails. I've had guys go behind my back to gather information and then try to use it against me or to trap me. It can be as harmless as asking my friend for my number after I've repeatedly refused to give him my number. Or as stalkerish as finding out when I was back in town from the holidays and alleging that I couldn't use the excuse that I was out of town that week to avoid hanging out with him.

It's pretty violating. When someone obtains information about you without your consent, it just feels wrong. So I make it a point to render the same level of respect for the guy's privacy I would expect for myself. So if the guy's email inbox is open on his computer screen, I avert my eyes. With facebook, myspace, etc., I reason that it's information the guy voluntarily put out there. Tho no doubt, I'd be mortified if the guy found out I looked him up.

So yeah. My point is, certainly, women can be psycho. Crazy and psycho. Clearly.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...hope you're not too psycho. So you still going to Vegas? You and your friend?

You know how to reach me. Does yellow gal dare not be anonymous? Will yellow lawyer reveal himself? TBD

yellow_lawyer@yahoo.com

Yellow Lawyer

Yellow Gal said...

Yep, my friend & I are still going to Vegas. Flying this Thursday, leaving Sunday late morning. I'll likely have to work during the trip though, so my partying will probably be dampened a bit.

Are you going?

Anonymous said...

Yup. Yellow Lawyer going. Flying Thursday early morning, leaving Sunday early morning. Ouch....

Staying at the conference hotel though. Hopefully will win money at Craps!

Anonymous said...

So...yellow gal. How was the conference?

Sorry that you were unable to determine who I am.

Yellow Lawyer

Yellow Gal said...

Conference was good. Let me guess. Were you wearing glasses?

I confess I didn't network as much as I could have. Instead, pretty much partied with the Yellow American Bar Association folks from my city most of the time.

Anonymous said...

So...did you and your friend do the "painted" shirts? I wish I coulda seen!

Which clubs did you check out?

I didn't network much either. Just partied with the yellow people from my city.

Yellow Lawyer

 
Site Meter